Monday, September 17, 2012

Daunting Task (FOW)

Well, my painting time has been at an all time low recently with work demanding much of my time. But I do have a few rather daunting projects lined up.

This is only a fraction of the British tanks I'm starting.

These tanks are really cool to work on.

A friend purchased a massive amount of early war FOW minis when they went on sale at our local shop. And since my early war French army has hardly ever seen the light of day, I decided to build and paint an entire early war British Armored Regiment for him so I would have an opponent. Also in exchange I would get the early war German tank company box from him.

My early war Germans.
Speaking of early war in Flames of War, I really have enjoyed building up a beautiful French force and expanding my beloved Afrika Korps backwards, to cover early war. The few games I've played with both forces have been a great deal of fun with forces operating differently than they do in late war. Yet I've been disappointed in the lack of interest in our local gaming group in the early war time period, it seems the allure of the big late war tanks is to strong. I know for some the cost of buying an entirely new army is to much, and I certainly understand that. So my German tank force for early war is going to be a shop army to stay in the display case for others to use, and to give my French an opponent.

Who wouldn't love these little panzers?


 So now with this horde of tanks on the painting table maybe I'll be motivated to really get some painting done.

No comments:

Post a Comment