Monday, March 25, 2013

Wedge to the Last (XWG)

I recently played a game of the X-wing Miniature game at the shop, it was my first time trying out the wave 2 ships. I am a big fan of the TIE Interceptor from the Rogue Squadron book so I wanted to get them into action quickly.

But before I get into the after action report you should watch this video the get into the spirit of the game.



I was playing against Bryan and his 4 ship elite rebel force. We decided on a 150 point game. His force consisted of Dutch Vander, Horton Salm, Luke Skywalker and Wedge Antilles. They all had torpedoes and plenty of other tricks. I went with mostly named TIEs and Vader had homing missiles and swarm tactics, also one of the TIEs had marksmanship.

Fighting it out over the hull of a Super Star Destroyer.

From top down: Soontir Fel, Saber Squad Pilot, Vader, Mauler Mithel, Howlrunner, Backstabber, Academy Pilot.

From top down: Dutch, Horton, Luke and Wedge. All loaded for bear.

Closing the distance.

Flank attack.


I focused on Horton Salm and in one turn, shot him down.

I lost Fel but he took down Luke's shields even with R2-F2 and stealth.

The flanking force attacks while the rest push through.

Attack!

Surrounded, the last Y-wing goes up.

Vader drops right on Luke's six, and takes him out.

But the Academy pilot is no match for Wedge in a head to head.

Alone, Wedge takes hit after hit.

The last shot is a critical hit.

No comments:

Post a Comment