Monday, October 28, 2013

Battlefront M51 Ishermans Review (Pt.I)

I've been waiting on Battlefront's M51 since the first day I started researching the Arab Israeli conflicts. Back then it was just a dream, so I made due with Quality Castings M51 Shermans... they were less than impressive. Then word came that Khurasan Miniatures was working on the Yom Kippur War and I was hopefully they would show the old Israeli Shermans some love. Finally Battlefront announced Fate of a Nation and I knew the big bad Isherman was on its way.

After rather impatiently waiting on them to finally arrive I have at least assembled a few boxes of M51's. Here is my Company Commander. I drilled out the .50 cal mount and added a brass tube to make it stronger. And as per norm for me, I chopped up a few tank commanders and did headswaps to get my crew.





All in all a great kit, just what I was waiting on. If I wanted to nitpick I would have preferred the mantle and barrel be one piece like the M48 and M50 Sherman miniatures.

Below are some comparisons between the Quality Casting M51(painted) and Battlefront's (unpainted).







Now if we could just get the decals...

No comments:

Post a Comment